Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I changed my water filter kitchenAid water refrigerator

Customer Question

I changed my water filter for my kitchenAid water refrigerator model numbers KBFS25EWMS1. Why is not dispersing water anymore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you install the old cartridge back in and does the water flow? If so then just return the filter because it came faulty. If not, then unfortunately in rare cases the filter receptacle will fail when replacing the filter. There is a diverter valve built into the filter so that water doesn't pour out when you remove the filter. You'd need to replace the filter receptacle to fix this problem. It's a rare case, but I've seen it happen half a dozen times on these Kitchen Aid units.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?