Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Krff302ess01 - been repaired twice. Freezer keeps working

Customer Question

krff302ess01 - been repaired twice. Freezer keeps working but frig gets warm. Now the temperature is up to 45 degrees. Bought this in April 2016. What to do.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

when the unit starts getting warm in the fridge are the compressor and fans still running, if so can you open the freezer and tell me if the fan in the freezer is running and also do you happen to see ice/frost built up on the back wall of the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Everything appears to be running and there is no frost. The first time they replaced the evaporator fan and the second time they replaced the brain. Lowes say after 3 service calls for the same issue they will replace it.

well the only other thing it can be is there is a damper in the refrigerator compartment that is suppose to open and close based on the temperature of the unit, if the damper is staying closed or not operating properly due to a failed damper motor then no air can circulated to the refrigerator.

Refrigerator Damper Control Assembly

Part #: W10594329 -- click here

I would have them come back out under warranty and replace the damper assembly and if that does not do it make them replace it.

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

here is the exploded parts diagram to give you and idea of the location of the damper its listed as part 15 on the diagram - click here

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have called for repair. Thank you for your help.

You are welcome please rate the answer before leaving, thanks again.