Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Making noise and refrigerator side not cooling. When I open

Customer Question

Making noise and refrigerator side not cooling. When I open door noise stops. Thinking fan, defrost issue?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: E42BS75EPS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: manufactured 04-07, not sure yet. Depends on issue
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think at this time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Check to see if the evaporator fan blade has moved on the motor shaft to strike the fan housing. If so, it can usually be moved back into its proper position. Wiggle the fan blade, and if it feels loose, replace the fan motor. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $57.05. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com. Replacement help is available at the website.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Sounds like a defrost issue more than anything on that unit. Often the defrost thermostat goes bad then frosts builds heavy restricts air and the fan makes noise. Remove the rear panel in the freezer section check for frost build up and if there is check the defrost thermostat as that is the most common thing to be bad. It should test closed 0 ohms with a ohm meter, you can often just visually inspect it if it is bloated like this bad for sure..

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!