Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Samsung rf263beaeww and the temp in the freezer

Customer Question

I have a Samsung rf263beaeww and the temp in the freezer shows -8 F but a small container of water hasn't frozen solid in 2 days. all the food that was in there was getting soft and some had to be tossed in the garbage.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the samsung is 2.5 years old and model is rf263beaeww
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The heat sensor needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $7.25. You can buy it at Replacement help is available at the website.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I checked the resistance of the sensor and at room temp it is reading 5 - 5.5. with the sensor in my mouth it read about 3.3, so the sensor seems to be working correctly.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Go behind the unit and remove the square cover that hides the two control boards, tell me if the RED light is on solid on the small board.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the red light is on solid on the lower board

On the small board? or large board?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
smaller of the 2 boards

OK then the compressor should be running and it should be cooling...if so you may still have a bad small board on the unit, the issue you are describing 99% of the time is that small board..they fail all the time..sometimes they work and other times they do when it is getting warm you should check that board and see if the light is on solid....if it is flashing, if flashing it is defective or off it is going to be bad as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
None of the information I have received has been useful in solving my problem.

Ok I will see of another expert can assist, I was going to put you through a couple test modes...but let me get someone else as I see I am of no use to you here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i removed the coil cover in the freezer compartment and the coil does not even frost up at start up. the refrigerator is cooling correctly so the compressor is running.
anyone have ideas?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it has been 4 days and no more help. I did change the temp probe about 4-5 hours ago and the freezer temp is hanging around 48 F.