Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My LG refrigerator ice maker keeps freezing solid and when

Customer Question

My LG refrigerator ice maker keeps freezing solid and when the tray revolves to pop out the frozen ice cubes they are not falling out of the tray. When the tray revolves back into position water is discharged onto the still frozen ice cubes and so water just pours all over the tray and of course all over what ever is on the shelves beneath the ice maker. It is LG Model #LSC26905TT. The serial # ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your icemaker today. Unfortunately your icemaker itself is just bad and will need to be replaced. Either the block that torques the tray when it rotates has broken off or the motor is stripping and not twisting the tray enough to dump the ice properly. Either way the icemaker itself will need to be replace so below is a link tot he part.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?