Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The issue is very similar to the one I've searched. My condo

Customer Question

The issue is very similar to the one I've searched. My condo in Mexico has an IEM oven (model EI7515BB2). It is a gas oven and is missing the dial for the oven temp control. I turned the gas on and pressed the igniter that I use for the stove and it does not work.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hmm...can i send a photo?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends on what the work is. I'm just trying to make lasagna. Lol
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can i light it with a match? If so, where should I hold the flame?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought this was instant. How long does this take? I'm trying to cook dinner. I just need help on how to safely ignite the oven.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not quite sure what I paid for
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The oven typically uses its own ignition system that comes on automatically when the oven is turned on. Can you double check that model number, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's the correct model number. The gas comes on, but there is no ignition. The ignition switch works for the stove, but not the oven. Is it safe and possible to ignite the oven with a match? If so, where?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I cannot get that model to come up at all, not even anything close, I am sorry. If you post a picture of the oven burner area so I can see the type of ignition system used, I can help without the model.