Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We returned from a trip and turned the icemaker back on.

Customer Question

We returned from a trip and turned the icemaker back on. Overnight it leaked a large amount of water into the freezer,but not into the icetray. Besides having inch thick ice in my freezer, there is water dripping from the top inside the fridge. Where should I begin? The last time I had a serviceman out, it cost me $1000.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If it did not turn the ice maker into a block of ice, the leak is before the maker, probably in the tube that directs the water into the ice maker.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?