Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytage centennial washing machine making awful grinding

Customer Question

Maytage centennial washing machine making awful grinding noise during agitation cycles
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No ma'am have not done that yet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If unplugging does not work what do we do?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
W10468416 White
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for delay Rattlesnake in front yard had to kill 9 rattles
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

The number you sent is the serial number. The model number should be printed on the same i.d. label.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AMTRIM-S. ?
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

That a trim description designator. We're looking for something like MVWC425EW3. I need that to find parts for your washer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MVWC200BW0
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. There are many parts, whose failure can cause your problem. Most of then require almost complete assembly to replace them. For a complete list of the parts involved, go to www.repairclinic.com, and type your model number into the search box. From the list on the left side of the screen, choose 'washer is making a loud noise'. If, after reading the text, you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my responses, when we finish our discussion. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

A very common issue with these machines is with the drive pulley, number 13 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Check to see that it has not come loose and is rattling. Also, if it makes noise during draining only, you may have a faulty pump. What part of the cycle is the noise appearing?