Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Viking Professional Dishwasher will not start. There are

Customer Question

My Viking Professional Dishwasher will not start. There are no flashing lights. It is just dead. However, the drain is full of water and gurgles and it is hot in the dishwasher as though it had just finished running. Can you explain the problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It 9 years old. Type DW 20.3.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The door switch has failed. Its part number is ***** and its price is $18.93. You can buy it at If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How is the part you reference installed?
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The switch should be able to be removed from the outside by prying up on the edges with a small blade screw driver or a table knife.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You have a welded relay on the main control and it can be dangerous! You need to turn the breaker off to the dishwasher until the control board has been replaced. If you post the model number I can get you a link to the control that will need to be replaced.