Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDSO1ILBL6. The

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # ***** The "Clean" light flashes on and off 7 times repeatedly. All command function buttons light up when pushed. The discharge Pump starts and runs for 2 minutes when "Cancel" is pressed. I have disconnected and reconnected power in an attempt to reboot the display board. But the machine will not run.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6-8years. Type 577-0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

You need to PRESS

HIGH TEMP

AIR DRY

HIGH TEMP

AIR DRY

All the lights should light up then cancel the unit. See if it will go through a cycle....if so great, if not and that code comes back either the heater is burned out or the control board is bad, possibly burned out going to the heater causing that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!