John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE Profile double oven range. While attempting to

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile double oven range. While attempting to use the self-clean function for the upper oven I am experiencing a problem. I set the self-clean button, programmed the time, and pressed start. The program defaulted and the lock icon is blinking. I pressed clear/off but the lock icon continues to blink. Now the oven door will not completely close so the interior lights continue to be lit. It appears that the locking device deployed but did not engage properly and seems to be what is keeping the oven door from completely close. Is there anything I can do before having to call for a service technician?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Do you have the complete model number?