Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The ec error was showing. I cleaned the coils. Now the error

Customer Question

The ec error was showing. I cleaned the coils. Now the error is gone, but the temp is stuck at 61. All night..... The freezer is fine. Why won't it cool to 37?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Su zero, the setting is 37 model 650
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Doubt ful. Opening the panel and cleaning the coils is the limit of my skill
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fridge is 15 yr old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The fridge heat sensor needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $14.69. You can find it by going to, and typing 'sub zero 650 thermister' in the search box.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect you have an air flow issue. Is the refrigerator fan blowing if you hold the door switch closed?