John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have an LG top loader fuzzy logic washing machine

Customer Question

I have an LG top loader fuzzy logic washing machine WF-T1022TP. When washing cycle is complete and I take out my washing, there are washing stain marks on the dark clothing. How do I clean the pipes and system ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 10 years. Model is the WF-T1022TP
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this stage. Just need to know best way to clean system that may have become dirty with use over the years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The best way to remove stains is to run a wash cycle, while adding a quart of white wine vinegar to the water. If you have a vinegar odor, when you finish, run another wash cycle, while adding a quart of scented bleach.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.