Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Kitchenaid Refrigerator KTRS20KXAL20 Water is puddling up at

Customer Question

Kitchenaid Refrigerator KTRS20KXAL20Water is puddling up at the bottom of the refrigerator and leaking out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!