Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I believe my Upright deep freezer was left open day or so,

Customer Question

I believe my Upright deep freezer was left open for a day or so, all the food is ruined but I am worried about the freezer. It was running the whole time and is now making a very loud noise
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Whirlpool EV188NYWSG2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like too much frost or ice built up behind the lower back panel inside the freezer due to the door being left open which will cause the frost to hit the fan blade. You can either unplug the unit for 24 hours and allow everything to thaw out, or you can remove everything and remove the screws going into the lower back panel INISDE the freezer. Use a hair dryer and thaw any ice/frost out behind this panel and you should be good to go again. If the fan is still making a noise then you'd have to replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?