Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do you change the lamp on a bosch HMB5050/01 microwave

Customer Question

how do you change the lamp on a bosch HMB5050/01 microwave oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. First, to replace the bulb you'll need to uninstall the microwave completely and unplug it. Next, remove the screws going into the outer shell of the microwave. That includes the screws coming in from the right and left side near the bottom as well as around the border coming in from the back of the microwave. Some of the screws will require a size T-20 safety torx bit screwdriver. Remove these screws and the outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can access the bulb under the outer shell of the microwave. It's a specific part number made by Bosch. The part number you'd need is 00606692. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for bulb

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.