Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag Neptune Stackable W/D MLE2000AYW The clothes are wet

Customer Question

Maytag Neptune Stackable W/D MLE2000AYW
The clothes are wet and it does not seem to be spinning. For a while the spin cycle seemed to be louder than normal. Now it makes a grinding noise and no spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

See if the grinding noise is coming from the main motor, the back of the tub where the shaft goes through the rear tub, or the drain pump below. You can pull the washer out and remove the back access panel on the back of the washer to access all these parts. If it's coming from the pump then remove any debris inside the pump and if you find nothing, replace the pump. If it's coming from the main motor, replace the motor control kit which comes with a new motor and motor control. And if it's coming from the rear of the tub, you have a bad main bearing and it might be better to get a new stack laundry unit.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?