Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Frigidaire Affinity dryer and I cannot get the door

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Affinity dryer and I cannot get the door open
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's a Frigidaire Affinity it's probably maybe 1 - 5 years old I just got it and this is how the door is
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if at all possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it looks like it opens out like down is that the way they open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know the model number it's actually at my mother's house I will call her but I think that the number is ***** the door and I can't open the door
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there was a paper in the drawer of the dryer and this is the numbers that are on the paper 1 3700 303 vero 00 b 08 1810.

ok well it does not matter on the model anyhow the infinity dryers do not have door locks like the washers, its just a tab on the door that inserts into a catch on the frame of the dryer so if its not opening it has gotten jammed somehow.

grab the door handle and kind of wiggle it up and down a little and jerk and see if it will open, but as far as a locking mechanism there is not one on that model. You may have to pry the door open with something and just replace the latch if nothing else works.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Xthe door latch is broken the outside of missing or something so how would I go about opening the latch
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If the latch is broken, you may need to remove the top from the cabinet to access the clips on the back of the door catch to release them. Once you are able to provide a model number I will be able to get you more information.