Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag dishwasher Model MDB6709AWWW2 type 575-0.

Customer Question

I have a Maytag dishwasher Model MDB6709AWWW2 type 575-0. When you close the door you can pick the cycle you want except rinse only. On the Option side everything lights up except Tough scrub & Heated dry and you can't change it. With the door securely closed and you push the start button nothing happens. No sounds not even a hum or anything. Not sure but I think it was new around 2011.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If some options work and others do not, then unfortunately your touch control panel itself has just failed and needs to be replaced. You can try to reset power and see if the electronics will reset, but if not then below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?