Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a water dispenser that is leaking on my ge

Customer Question

I have a water dispenser that is leaking on my ge refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And can you better explain what you are seeing as far as a leak as far as when and where?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
model GFSF6KKXABB
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Waiting on a response
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my order no is 16474078-113
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Yes, sorry I wasn't around when you replied 20 minutes ago, I asked you for your model number yesterday as well as as few other questions. I see you sent me your model number so perhaps you can give me the other details requested.

QUOTE:

And can you better explain what you are seeing as far as a leak as far as when and where?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
a very slow leak due to the valve not shutting off completely.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK perfect, than your electronic water valve is just not sealing up properly anymore so the valve on the back of your refrigerator needs to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part for your model number.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, it is the valve on the front dispenser that is leaking.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I understand it's the front dispenser that is leaking, but the water comes from the valve on the back. You need to replace the valve on the back of the refrigerator because that is what cuts water off all the way to the front dispenser of the refrigerator and it's not cutting it off completely.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like a refund of my $37 and $28.