Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I'm trying to start my kenmore elite and the code F26 is

Customer Question

I'm trying to start my kenmore elite and the code F26 is coming up. Can you tell me what is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The f26 error code means the computer is not seeing the door open or close which means there is an issue with the door lock switch which is part of the door lock mechanism. First thing you will want to do is check the wiring from the door switch to the control board and make sure the connections are not loose and are plugged in good and tight. If that checks out then replace the door lock. You did not provide the model number of the washer so without that I can not give you the replacement part number, if you would like that please provide me with the model number of the washer, thanks.

In the meantime please:

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?