John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Norcold N621 that works on AC but will not work on

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N621 that works on AC but will not work on gas everthing else on gas works fine is there a thermocoupler on this unit? It lights and burns for about 1 minute and then goes out the ignitor continues to ignite is that propper?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: The book does not say anything about filters, if it works on electric what would the thermostat have to do with it?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it works fine on electric but does not work on gas, it lights for about 1 min. then shuts itself off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The power board, which controls the gas valve has failed, and it needs to be replaced. Its part number is###-##-#### ***** it can be purchased at a local RV dealership. Norcold sells only through authorized dealers.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.