Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Ice maker is not producing ice. how can I fix this problem?

Customer Question

ice maker is not producing ice. how can I fix this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First make sure the freezer temperature is ok, the ice maker has a thermostat that will not allow it to operate unless its around 13 degrees F or lower. If the temperature is ok check the ice maker and see if it has ice in it that has not dumped, if so the ice maker will need to be replaced as it is not completely the harvest cycle. If there is no ice in it and its dry then replace the water inlet valve on the refrigerator as it is a dual water valve and the ice maker side has failed on it.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This was a rip -off and no help whatsoever. Will report to BBB. Total disappointment . Want a refund.