Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My temper got the best of me. The load of blankets in our

Customer Question

My temper got the best of me. The load of blankets in our Kenmore elite wouldn't balance and after the third or fourth time of readjusting the load i lost my patience with the lid lock and ripped the top open. Oops! I ordered a new lid lock switch (it was a replacement for the OEM part), installed the switch and continued to get the dL error. I thought that perhaps the non-OEM switch was the problem so I found an OEM switch at Sears parts and install this second switch. I'm still getting the dL error. Is there some sort of reset for the motherboard or is there something in the lid itself that I broke? I would like your advice before calling a service tech.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

There is no reset for the oven at all when you get a dL error. Make sure that the prong on the door that goes into the door latch isn't broken. If that checks good and the door latch was replaced, unfortunately that shorted out your main control board latch circuit and the main control board itself would need to be replaced. Do check the wires between the latch and the control board to make sure they didn't get disconnected somehow when taking the top apart first of course.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?