Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a KitchenAid gas range Model # KGSA906PSS02. I keep

Customer Question

Hi I have a KitchenAid gas range Model # ***** I keep getting this error code flashing on my screen "Enter probe temp" and above it says "probe temp. I hear beeping sounds when this message shows. I've had the oven fixed twice for this reason and I think they disconnected the "Probe". If I switch off the power and leave the clock at 12:00 the message and beeping stops. As soon as I update the time it starts again. What do you suggest? Thanks! *****(###) ###-####
PS - I've had the range from 2008
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning, and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the oven continues to bee "Enter Probe Temp" on the display, it means that the unit think your meat probe is plugged in. Open the oven door which has the meat probe jack inside and turn the circuit breaker off to the oven. Try to clean out the meat probe jack with white vinegar and a Q-tip in case oil has worked it's way inside. Allow the jack to dry out and then flip the circuit breaker back on. If the "probe" light continues to come on, you'll need to order and replace the probe receptacle because it has failed and just think that the probe is plugged in when it's not.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks!! this happened after my cleaning lady cleaned the oven yesterday. I came home to this issue. I'll try that if I can find where the meat probe jack is. I have to get ready for a meeting now and will try it later. Any additional help would be welcome ! :-) Are you able to speak on the phone later when I have time?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Yes if you need to speak by phone we can do that but there is an additional charge for a phone conversation. Otherwise once you rate the question now there is an E-mail sent to you with a link to come back and ask follow-up question later at no charge.

If the cleaning lady cleaned the oven yesterday then most likely some cleaning solution may have gotten into the jack causing this issue.