Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Where is the thermostat/element situated on the defy

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, where is the thermostat/element situated on the defy dishmaid supersilent? It is going through the cycles but not heating the water. Thank you
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes, have had it off for a few days due to the problem tried again this morning, left it off for about 3 hours and tried again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Before this issue I had a problem where the dishwasher did not cool down after a wash. Resulted in some broken glasses and dishes. After this, the no heating started.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is the only problem. I have someone here to have a look, but he cannot find the element/thermostat placing on the machine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The thermostat is usually an electronic thermistor built into the sump assembly. The element is the large round metal part under the tub. A lack of heat is usually the result of a faulty heater or the heater relay on the main PCB has failed. Do you have a meter to test the heater for continuity with?