Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an old GE electric wall oven (1988). Model

Customer Question

I have an old GE electric wall oven (1988). Model #JKP62GOK3. The oven bake element recently broke. I have replaced the element with a new element. The element works but never gets hot enough. It never glows red. What other issue may I have with this unit that could have happened when the element went out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If the element was replaced, unfortunately the only possibility that would stop the element from heating up is the thermostat itself. When an element breaks it shorts out the contact of the thermostat. Unfortunately the thermostat is no longer made on such an old oven so it may be time for a new oven if you can't locate the thermostat.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?