Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My MAYTAG BRAVOS MVWB300WQO washer stopped at water drain

Customer Question

My MAYTAG BRAVOS MVWB300WQO washer stopped at water drain phase
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably. My suspicion is that the "discharge pump", if there's one might be clogged, or some elect relay might have malfunctioned.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. It sounds like you're on the right track. If you let the washer just keep running for 30 minutes or so after it stops it should give an error Ld to indicate there is a drain issue. Either way, below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump so you can check for a blockage. If you find nothing then let the washer run until an error code appears and if you get an Ld, replace the drain pump. If you don't get an Ld, tell me what error you're getting and we can go from there.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?