Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a top loading washer about a year old. I have cats so

Customer Question

I have a top loading washer about a year old. I have cats so sometimes wash their bedding.
I now have pet hair and lint in all my wash loads. I have tried cleaning the washer with the recommended product, wiping it out, rinsing it out, washing with vinegar. All to no avail.
Is there a solution? I line dry my clothes so using the dryer to remove pet hair and lint is not a solution. Doesn't necessarily work anyway.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The problem is the hair is gonna be gummed up in the inner tub of the washer, so the only way really to get it out is gonna be to pull the wash basket and clean out the inner tub. If you would like instructions and are capable of doing this then give me the model number of the washer and I will give you instructions, but I will tell you its not a very easy job to do. Let me know thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?