Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag series front load washer and I am having

Customer Question

I have a maytag series front load washer and I am having trouble removing the front panel. I've never seen screws shaped like this before! Luckily, my husband bought me a tool box and one set of the screw driver attachments look like the screws under the panel. Well I have tried all that look like they should no avail. Can u please tell me the exact size attachment i will need to remove this panel
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: MHWE300VF00
JA: Huh?
Customer: That was the model number.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning! The screws below the front panel are size 1/4" hex nut screws so a 1/4" nut driver or 1/4" socket should work to remove them. Sometimes there is a star cut out in the center of these screws and if so then you also have the option of using a T-20 torx bit screwdriver to remove the screws.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?