Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My edgestar washer/dryer isn't fully drying. The dryer timer

Customer Question

My edgestar washer/dryer isn't fully drying. The dryer timer keeps jumping, not allowing the full dry time. We've checked the pump and heating element. Both are fine and I'm not overloaded it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

thank you for that information give me just a few minutes thanks.

ok first thing you need to check that is the most common cause of that complaint is the dryer vent is stopped up causing hot air to back up in the unit making it cycle the heating element to fast causing it not to heat properly and speed up the dryer timing. If the vent is clear and is the dryer is venting properly then you will need to have a service tech out to diagnose the issue because it could be as simple as a 30.00 thermostat or it could be a faulty control board on the unit and that is something you would want a qualified tech to determine.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is the vent on this system? We thought the same thing but can't find a vent and thought it was ventless
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

yes you would be correct that particular unit does have the vent less drying system on it so that means it has to be dismantled to unstop any airflow issues from within so you will probably want to setup a service on that unit.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My husband can do the work. I just want to know where to direct him since everything else has checked out fine. Is there a motor fan or specific area we should check for build up. I use it frequently so lint was my first thought, but the drum has been cleaned out.

I will have to opt out at this time so that a tech with more experience with the edgestar products can help you further, thank you.