Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator modelpurchased in 2013.

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator model(###) ###-####purchased in 2013.
Panel shows ER IF
Sounds like it's running but no buttons work. Ice make did dump ice.
What do you think is wrong? Should I remove everything from the freezer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

The Er IF error code indicates that the main control board detects that the ice compartment cooling fan is not working. It will have to be replaced, even if the ice maker dumped ice it could be that the fan just went out right as that ice was produced or it not out yet but not running properly. To try and clear the error unplug the unit for 10 minutes plug it back up and see if the controls reset, if so and the issue comes back again or it does not reset and the error code still exists then the back panel of the freezer will need to be removed to inspect the fan and see if the fan is the issue or is something blocking the fan from turning like a iced up evaporator.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.