Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Power fail light on kenmore elite inside control panel of

Customer Question

Power fail light on kenmore elite inside control panel of fridge
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3-4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know model
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is large side by side
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you are getting the power failure error on the control panel then that means the unit has lost power at some point this is usually because of a power surge. Unplug the unit for a few minutes plug it back in and if you still get the error, check the plug the unit is plugged into just to make sure its supplying proper voltage and if so the main control board on the refrigerator is failing and will need to be replaced. I can't give you any part numbers without the model number, so if you would like to find the model number and give it to me I can be of more help. Open the door on the refrigerator and look on the wall of the fridge for a tag that has the model and serial number, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?