Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have Kenmore Elite (model 795.72043.112). No longer makes

Customer Question

I have Kenmore Elite (model 795.72043.112). No longer makes ice and temps in Freezer (@25F) and Fridge (@50F) are above the settings of 4F and 40F respectfully. Is this a Freon charge issue?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The model number is *****
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First thing you need to check is to make sure the fans on the unit are running the fan in the freezer and that fan at the rear of the unit next to the compressor, if the compressor is running both fans should be as well. If those are running along with the compressor then take a look at the very back wall of the freezer and see if you see ice built up on the back panel of the freezer, if so that means the unit has a defrost issue and ice has built up on the evaporator and the fan can longer circulate air in the unit properly. Let me know what you find and we will go from there, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?