Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch refrigerator, model B22CS30SNS/01. The

Customer Question

I have a Bosch refrigerator, model B22CS30SNS/01. The evaporator coil in the refrigerator section has iced up twice in the last few months requiring a manual defrost. Clearly the automatic defrost system is not functioning correctly. Diagnostics, so far: defrost heater has continuity at ~100 ohms, evaporator fan is functional, temperature sensor responds to temperature variations, (i.e., around 5k-ohms at ~75 F and ~15k-ohms in not quite ice-water). There is another device tie-wrapped to the evaporator coil away from the finned sections. It is 2-3 inches long and about a half an inch in diameter, pillow shaped and wrapped a metallic foil. It plugs into the same plug block as all the other components and has either no resistance or at most a few ohms. I have not determined what this is. Can you help and what are its characteristics? Also, where is the location of the defrost timer on this model and how can this be tested?
Thank you
Jerrold Franklin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The pillow part that is wrapped in metalic foil is your defrost fuse. It sounds like it went bad so you'll want to replace both the defrost sensor and the defrost fuse. The fuse is part number 00614412 and the sensor is part number 00612241. Order and replace both parts and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?