Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a kenmore elite and ice maker is not filling with

Customer Question

Hi pearl, I have a kenmore elite and ice maker is not filling with water then obviously not making ice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's prob 6 years old. Model 596.78533803
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's really it. The water dispenser works fine. Pressure may be a bit low but still works
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The low water pressure will cause the fill tube to freeze, what I suspect may be the issue. The fill tube is accessible from the top of the cabinet in the left rear corner (facing from the front). There is a plastic cover that will pop off to allow you access to it. Is that fill tub hard (frozen solid) or pliable?