Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a GE Profile PSS23MSTESS. I was getting an error and

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile PSS23MSTESS. I was getting an error and clicking in the back of the fridge. Several years ago the ice dispenser and water dispenser both stopped working. I searched forums and after reading decided it was the motherboard. I ordered the part online from GE and when I entered my product # ***** was determined that they had a different board for it now. Received board today and changed. Fridge immediately came on and ice dispenser and water dispenser both now work. Freezer side is coming down in temperature but the cool side is coming down super slow. Seems like it's only dropped 8 degrees in hour and a half. I have opened door several times checking it but still seems like it's taking forever. Even on turbo cool setting. Is this normal?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Sounds like you got the fridge repaired with the new board, and yes that is normal, it can take up to 24 hours for the temperatures in the unit to stabilize as right the damper between the freezer and the refrigerator is wide open allowing for full air flow to the refrigerator compartment to cool it once it gets to temperature the freezer will begin to get colder quicker, but like I said it can take up to 24 hours for the temps to stabilize and is completely normal, and if you make the mistake of filling it up with food before its at temperature it will take it that much longer to cool down.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.