Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Deep Jenn-air question. I have a prg3010 gas freestanding

Customer Question

Deep Jenn-air question. I have a prg3010 gas freestanding range that has problems with the oven. The broiler works fine and the valve picks at 3.19 amps. ok the oven on the other hand never picks and the ignitor amperage tops out at 2.77 amp and goes no further, so to me the ignitor is bad. The replacement part costs over $200 wow.... was a appliance tech 25 yrs ago this seems wrong. ? will any 3.2 to 3.6 ignitor that fits work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

You are exactly right. You need the igniter to draw a minimum of 3.1 amps or it won't open the oven gas safety valve so your igniter is bad. The igniters for these ovens are rather universal so you definitely don't need to spend $200 for the OEM igniter. You can cut and splice a universal igniter in place if you'd like. Below is a link to one such igniter which costs about $35.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?