Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Pearl, I have a Samsung refrigerator that doesn't work. The

Customer Question

Pearl, my name is***** have a Samsung refrigerator that doesn't work. The refrigerator light comes on , but nothing else. The model# ***** have is RS2630SH. I live in Hutto Texas.,outside of Austin,Texas. I recently had a HVAC repairman come look at it and did a 45 dollar diagnostic repair. He,like others want to charge more to get it right but their not giving guarantees. So my question is is it worth keeping or shall I look for a new refrigerator?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model # ***** model code RS2630SH/XAA, about 10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's a simple fix, yes I'll do it, if not I rather have someone who actually knows what to do.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If nothing on the unit is running, no fans, compressor etc;, then the main power/control board for the unit has failed and needs to be replaced. That board controls all the functions of the cooling system and when they fail nothing will run and is a very common failure on those model units. The part to replace is :

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: DA41-00219C - click here

If you order the board from the link above that company gives you a year return on any part for any reason, so if for some reason it ends up that the unit has some rare wiring issue causing the problem then you can return the board for a refund.

The board is listed as number 27 on the diagram below and can be found behind the cover plate on the rear of the unit. click here for diagram

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.