Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a bosch dryer ... The light is on but it doesnt dry

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a bosch dryer ... The light is on but it doesnt dry .. The drum doesnt even turn
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ok let me go get this info
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dryer is a bosch nexxt dlx series - gas dryer - about 6 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bosch model wtmc4500uc/01 fd8506(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There's power to the unit ... The light is on ... When I press the start button it doesnt run ... But there is a lint light flashing ... I cleaned the lint filter and checked the duct .. Everything seems fine

Ok if you change the program does the time change for the setting you select?

Do you hear any beeping from it when you press the start button?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey are you there ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont have much time to keep waiting here .... If you cant answer please redirect me to someone that can
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello I am a different tech,

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If that is happening either the door switch is bad or the belt switch or belt is broken. See if you hear a CLICK noise from the console when you press Start with the door shut, if you do you should remove the back panel on the unit and check the belt and the belt switch to see if it is tripped and needs to be reset. If you do not hear a click from the console when you press start I would say you should replace the door switch on the unit. Both of these are 99% of the time the cause of your issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hmmm .... I don't think my tech skills are enough to try and replace a door switch on a dryer ....
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I should just have called a local expert ... I just wasted close to an hour of my life on this site for nothing ... Thanks for trying though .. You have a very challenging job

Yes I am sorry about the other tech I try and respond as fast as possible!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will rate you after the local expert comes over and tells me that your diagnosis was right

OK thanks