Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I just replaced my spark module and every few seconds I hear

Customer Question

I just replaced my spark module and every few seconds I hear a single click like its trying to light. Everything works fine.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just replaced the spark module now - the old one wasn't sparking all the burners.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. the new module is installed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You either have a bad new module or a bad burner switch on the unit. Check the ground wiring very good as a stray ground can cause the new issue you are having. Then you may want to check the burner switches on it and even disconnect them all to see if it stops...if it does not check all the wiring to the module and then replace the module again it would be defective.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!