Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

What is wrong with frig when Er &If message is shown It is

Customer Question

What is wrong with frig when Er &If message is shown
It is only 2years old. It should be under wauranty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. The error yu're getting is actually Er IF and it means that your icemaker fan isn't running properly which is located in the upper back left corner inside the freezer section behind the back wall. This fan blows air up to the icemaker. Sometimes ice or frost builds up and prevents the fan from running properly so you can thaw out the the frost with a hair dryer if you remove the back panel or you can unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow everything to thaw out. If that doesn't resolve the issue then you would need to replace the fan motor. Now there is only a 1 year warranty on these refrigerators normally, but if you have an extended warranty then you can contact them and they will come out and do the repair at no charge of course. I'm sorry you're experiencing an issue on such a new refrigerator regardless but I hope you understand I'm only here to help.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.