Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I turned my electric dryer on, it made several normal

Customer Question

I turned my electric dryer on, it made several normal rotations then a noise like something from behind or under the dryer hit maybe the outside of the tub of the dryer and it immediately stopped. the motor was still on but the tub wasn't turning. I turned it off, tried turning it back on but tub still won't turn. Can you help me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like either the belt broke or fell off, or something is jamming the drum. The noise sounds like one of the screws that holds one of the tumblers inside the drum has backed out and is hitting the side walls when turning. You'll want to pull the dryer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can turn the drum manually and tighten any screws around the drum that may be sticking out or tell if the belt is broken/loose around the drum and needs to be replace or re-installed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?