Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have an age lavamat w1460 washer. Certain cycles, that I

Customer Question

Hi. I have an age lavamat w1460 washer. Certain cycles, that I use often, invoke an audible series of beeps and the end light flashes through the entire cycle. Since this does not happen on every cycle I wondered if it was the switch? Or it could be brushes that need replacing?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes. Also, the manual has a series of steps to reset the machine. We have done that too.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have intermittent stops in the progress of the cycle....meaning that sometimes, not always, the machine will be unable to drain so I need to switch it to drain, then spin. It seems strange that the machine works generally but these things happen on what seems to me to be a random order.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Will you please send me the complete model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is an AEG LAVAMAT W 1460 Electronic. May have been made in North America by Electrolux. The washer was purchased in 2004.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Last audible signal was 7 beeps in concurrence with the flashing of the END button. I can find 8 beeps in the manual but not 7.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I believe that error indicates an issue with the heater circuit. Is the water heating in the cycles calling for heat?