RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

I have a norcold n641refrigerator does not cool panel on

Customer Question

I have a norcold n641refrigerator does not cool panel on front of fridge lights up to show a lp auto but fridge does not react to cooling the fridge had a repair guy come he says it's the control panel to the fridge in back of the trailer is he rightt
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Will it not cool on BOTH LP and AC power? He should have done some testing starting with the thermistor, normally no cooling on BOTH LP and AC can indicate an issue with the cooling unit or thermistor, possibly the circuit board he is talking about. NO cooling on ONE source indicates a problem with the circuit board. It really is a process of elimination and the thermistor should have been ohmed out to see if it is good. Also what you can try is disconnect the connector inside for the thermistor and run it and see if it gets cold when you disconnect the the thermistor it should default to full cooling, if the box gets cold then bad thermistor. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 8 months ago.

Click HERE and see page 20 for testing of the thermistor, it will also show you what the connector looks like, if you do not have a volt meter you can unplug that connector and let the fridge run for a few hours and see if it cools off.... Hope this helps... I am not sure if the tech checked the thermistor or not it would be the first thing I would check if you have NO cooling on BOTH AC and LP..... Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 8 months ago.

if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included, If you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 8 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Thanks... Robert