Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have Kenmore refrigerator. The icemaker stopped working.

Customer Question

I have Kenmore refrigerator. The icemaker stopped working. The icemaker does not fill with water and the units heats up when the sensor wire is moving up and down. Do I need to replace the unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

well the heater to come on under the ice maker is normal when the unit is going into harvest mode, the only issue is that unless there is water in the ice maker , the ice maker should not be running a harvest cycle the thermostat in the ice maker should not be allowing the unit to cycle at all without water so the thermostat is stuck so yes you will need to replace the ice maker in order to fix it. If you give me the model number of the unit I will be glad to locate you a replacement and give you the replacement part number, thanks.

In the meantime:

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?