Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an old Chambers range, as part of a kitchen island, 4

Customer Question

I have an old Chambers range, as part of a kitchen island, 4 burners, and there seem to be leaks in the pipes that go to the burners (i can see little flame where the gas pipe connects at the burner). Also, all the flames on all 4 burners are pretty low. I adjusted them in the past because there was too much yellow flame, but when I adjusted them to be blue flame only, they seem to be low and not powerful.
Is this worth fixing? Or is it time to get a new stove?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Unfortunately it will be time for a new stove as you can not get the parts even for those Chamber units anymore. Also based on the issue you are having that sounds like it has served its life and I would not even repair that one if your could get the parts.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!