Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My whirlpool duet washer had an interruption in water supply

Customer Question

my whirlpool duet washer had an interruption in water supply mid wash. error message f1 and f8 were in the display. the locked door light is blinking and there is nothing else working on the display. we turned off power to the machine and checked for water to the machine. when we turned power on motor is running and blinking light for locked door but nothing showing in the display. how can we fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That means the unit has no water going to the unit, check the cold and hot water supply and make sure they are both on. If so you may have a bad valve on the uni or clogged up valve screen. It sounds like the cold water is not entering the unit causing the issue. You can get that corrected then plug the unit back in and turn the unit back on and the problem should clear within 10 minutes.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We tried doing what you suggested but it did not work. We had to have a repairman come out. He said to leave the machine on in the state it was in and let it run for 10 minutes. That cleared the machine and it was able to complete the wash cycle. Wish that was noted in the troubleshooting section in manual. We would have saved your fee and the repairman bill.

OK did you read my Answer?

"That means the unit has no water going to the unit, check the cold and hot water supply and make sure they are both on. If so you may have a bad valve on the unit or clogged up valve screen. It sounds like the cold water is not entering the unit causing the issue. You can get that corrected then plug the unit back in and turn the unit back on and the problem should clear within 10 minutes."

I had said leave it on for 10 minutes and it should clear in my answer to you.

I would just appreciate a decent rating thank you