John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model DU8500XX-3 that I'm

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model DU8500XX-3 that I'm having a detergent door opening issue. It hit & misses opening the door during running, but if I check it by turning the timer with the door open, all is good, each time & the door pops open. I've checked the lower rack, it's in correctly, otherwise the door won't close. I've taken the door apart & checked door springs & pieces, all good there. Is the soap door suppose to only open part way or all the way up with the frt door closed? The reason I ask this, is it doesn't seem to be enough room for the soap door to open the way the dish rack bars are...Any ideas to give me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is the rack in backwards? Is this a new problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you read my original question you wouldn't be asking if the rack is in backwards. Yes, this is a new problem!
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I did read your original question and about 90% of the time it is caused by the backwards installation of the rack. Someone else may be able to help you, good luck.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well then your no expert & I will be asking for a full refund on this...Thank anyway!
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Take care.