Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My broiler works on my convection oven, but the oven bake

Customer Question

my broiler works on my convection oven, but the oven bake and roast does not work. do not think gas is flowing to ignite
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So to be clear, there is a broiler on the top of the oven and a bake burner below the floor inside the oven. On bake and roast, the bake burner is used, not the broiler which is why the broiler will work but the other functions don't. Since your oven still works on broil, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i cannot rate him until i get some one in here to confirm that this is the problem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

ok....